Q: How do I disable the autounlock function with the power door lock switch?

How do I disable the autounlock function with the power door lock switch?

Your car is equipped with both an autolock and autounlock function. Both are active from the automaker, but you may find that you need to disable or enable them. They’re done separately from one another. Here’s how to disable the autounlock feature with your power door locks:

1. Start with the ignition off and all the doors closed.

2. Turn the ignition on.

3. Press the Unlock button three times.

4. Turn the ignition off.

5. Press the Unlock button three times.

6. Turn the ignition on. Listen for one beep from the horn.

7. Press the Lock button and then the Unlock button. Listen for the horn to beep. One beep means the system was deactivated. Two beeps mean it was activated.

• How do I disable the autounlock function with the power door lock switch?