Q: What fuel should I use on my car?

What fuel should I use on my car?

The ideal fuel for your vehicle is unleaded gasoline that has an octane rating of at least 87.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr

Engine light was on it started with a slight knock on a cold morning. It didn't stop and it got worse.

Hi there. Depending on the sound of the knocking noise and where the noise is coming from on the engine will determine if the engine needs replaced or not. If the noise is near the top of the engine, then...

My car has service battery charging system chevy

This may be a sign of a weak battery, a failing voltage regulator or failing alternator. As you may know, the alternator is responsible for charging the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while...

How do I lock and unlock the doors using keyless entry?

The Keyless Entry Keypad gives you access to unlocking your truck without using your keys. It also lets you lock the doors. To lock and unlock the doors using Keyless Entry. Enter the factory code or your personal code....

How do you automatically transfer a call from a phone to the HandsFreeLink?

Your HandsFreeLink® (HFL) system is pretty advanced, and offers the ability to transfer a call from the phone to the car even if the call is already in progress. Here’s how to set up automatic transferring: Press the phone...

Codes P0016 and P0017

Hi There, Code P0017 relates to the crankshaft position sensor. A crankshaft position sensor is an electronic device used to monitor the position or rotational speed of the crankshaft. This information is used by engine management systems to control the...

Water hose leaking at firewall of 2012 ford focus

Typically, those are molded 5/8 inch ID rubber coolant hoses that are retained by either spring steel clamps or adjustable stainless steel worm drive clamps. Once you remove the hose, even to inspect it, it will not seal well when...

What gauges are present on the instrument panel?

The vehicle is equipped with a number of gauges on the instrument panel, located in the dashboard behind the steering wheel. These relate information to the driver, and the driver barely needs to look away from the road to monitor...

The car loses power, gauge shows engine overheating

You should have the cooling system checked for overheating. These engines are known for having leaking cylinder heads, intake manifolds, and water pump problems. Most mechanics can check to see what is the cooling system problem and diagnose it for...

How do I navigate through the Uplevel Message Center?

Your truck has a helpful tool called the Uplevel Message Center. This message center logs many of your vehicle's functions and displays them for you to use. There are many features to see in the Uplevel Message Center. To navigate...