Q: Can you raise the top speed control?

asked by on December 20, 2016

Can you raise the top speed control?I have installed Y rated tires

Speed Sensor Replacement $92.92 - $1189.26 Get a Quote

Hi there. There are two ways to speed up the vehicle. The first is to replace the output shaft speed sensor in the transmission to sense a slower speed, thus confusing the computer to make the car drive faster. The other way is to reprogram your computer to have a faster speed limitations. The computer will limit the speed of the vehicle due to manufacture settings. You will need to bypass the settings to raise the speed limit. If you need further assistance with raising your speed on your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.