Q: Why do I have a p0016 trouble code?

This code I pulled from my scanner and I don't have a rough idle or hard start or abnormal engine operation, could the hall effect sensor just be bad yet not affect performance or what could be the culprit for the code dispite the lack of symptoms

The cause for a p0016 trouble code could be normally be tracked to one of two areas. The code is set when the computer does not see synchronized information being received from the cam and crank sensors. It will be necessary to test both of the sensors, and determine which one is causing the issue. If this is something that you need a hand in diagnosing, and/or repairing, consult with a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.