Q: Slight white smoke coming from the engine

asked by on February 07, 2017

I noticed slight smoke coming from my hood I put water in my coolant and my oil is good it's revvinging up slightly too much I need help this is my only ride. I bought it used it's ran fine until now. Starts smoking almost imedialty upon moving the car not noticicable unless hood is opened. No smoke coming from the exhaust. No real terrible smell unless your face is right in it. Coming from right under where my oil cap is.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If there is underhood smoke, that can signify that something is leaking. Typically, that will be engine coolant or engine oil. Some leaks can be relatively easy to fix. If that is your circumstance, it will be advantageous to get the source of the leak identified and repaired as soon as possible. If you do have oil leaks, as many leaks as possible should be repaired because leaking oil can damage external engine components such as rubber motor mounts. Also, if oil is leaking onto a hot exhaust manifold that can create unhealthy fumes (as the oil burns off) and is also a fire hazard. If you want the sources of the leaks identified and the repair estimated, simply request a leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.