Q: How do I tell if the air bag supplemental restraint system is operational?

How do I tell if the air bag supplemental restraint system is operational?

A: Your car’s supplemental restraint system (S...

Your car’s supplemental restraint system (SRS) works with your seat belts, sensors and other equipment to help keep you and your passengers safe on the road. It’s important for you to know if the system is operation. Here’s how to double check:

• If the Passenger air bag Off light is on, the passenger front air bag is disabled for some reason.

• If the Air Bag Light is on in the dash, it means there’s a problem with the SRS system itself.

• If you hear five beeps in a row, it means that you need to have the SRS system inspected.

Tip

Your SRS system does not need any ongoing maintenance. If it’s not working, then you should have the car inspected.