Q: 2006 Kia Sedona Left Oil Control Valve

asked by on July 05, 2017

I have a 2006 Kia Sedona with a P0012 code. Had the dealership take a look at it and they said that the Left Oil Control Valve (or VVT) solenoid has failed. When I go to take it out it buts up against the upper manifold. What do you usually have to take off (if anything) to fix the Left OCV Valve or VVT Solenoid?

Hi there. What you’re describing is a pretty complex repair and hard to explain over an email. It’s probably best for you to purchase a service and repair manual for your 2006 Kia Sedona or have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete the VVT solenoid replacement.