Q: Advice on buying a car with hail damage

asked by on June 09, 2016

What's your opinion on getting a car with hail damage? I'm thinking of getting a car form Dashub.com. I'm living in Florida.

Realize that hail damage is just pieces of ice falling down on the car and denting the heck out of everything. It may look horrible but the actual hail itself doesn’t damage the car. So as long as it runs good and you don’t care about minor dimples, then go ahead and buy it. I’ve got quite a few customers that actually were in hail damage here in Texas over the years. A lot of times if they didn’t have insurance, they just drove them for years with the dents. Some of them had the insurance and they just collected the insurance money and didn’t fix the body. They figured--it runs good this way so why should we mess around with doing the cosmetic stuff when the vehicle runs okay? The damage really doesn’t affect how the vehicle drives. You can go ahead and get a good deal on that if you don’t mind the dented car.