Q: Why would the bolts that connect the CV To the wheel come loose

asked by on September 14, 2017

Why would the bolts for the CV axle come loose this is on the front driver side where It connects to the wheel

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The CV axle end goes through the wheel hub and hub bearing and is held on to the wheel hub by a large nut that is very tightly torqued. There are no bolts involved, only that one nut. The wheel is held to the hub with 5 nuts that thread onto studs. If those nuts have come loose, that is typically because they have not been tightened properly, to the right torque value. Another possibility is the threads on the studs are damaged or have oil or grease on them. Regardless of exactly what is loose and why, if you desire an inspection and resolution of this, please request an inspection. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr