Q: When a car doesn't want to shift, what sensor is it for on a Cadillac SRX 2005?

When a car doesn't want to shift what sensor is it for a Cadillac SRX 2005 if you can help me and tell me what sensor is that that

Hi there. There are three different types of sensors and solenoids that will cause a transmission to not shift.

1. --- Transmission Position Sensor

2. --- Vehicle Speed Sensor

3. --- Shift Solenoids

All three types of sensors and solenoids are to be checked for resistance and if there is power to them. If the sensors and solenoids have too much resistance or no resistance, then they are either burned with a broken contact inside them or they have buildup on the contacts inside them. If you need further assistance with your transmission shift sensors and solenoids, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. When a car doesn't want to shift, what sensor is it for on a Cadillac SRX 2005?