Q: Front strut is creaking.

The front strut is creaking every time I hit a bump or turn sharply. I am not sure if it is a strut mount or something else.

It can be a challenge when it comes to pin pointing noises in the suspension system to identify what part is making which noise. It does not help that there are several components that can produce the same or very similar noises as each other. Since all of the suspension components move or “flex” when your Ford goes over bumps, it really takes a trained ear to narrow down the possibilities of problems you can hear. You are correct to lean towards the strut mounts maybe needing attention. With your car, due to its age, it is likely that the strut mounts are in need replacement if they have not yet been done. With a repair this specialized, I highly recommend having a certified mechanic inspect your vehicle to make sure that it is indeed the struts and not another issue going on.

3. Front strut is creaking.