Q: I had an ignition switch put in my Kia Borreggi but it won't crank.

asked by on November 02, 2016

I had an ignition switch put in on my Kia Borregi but it won't crank. Is there a computer override that needs to be done?

Hello there. Many faults will cause your Kia Borrego not to crank. If the vehicle did not crank before the ignition switch repair, then it is likely that the ignition switch was not the culprit for the no-start condition. Other possible causes would be the battery, starter, battery cable, fuel pump, battery terminals, or a wiring harness fault.

If the vehicle does not crank after the repair but did previously, it is likely that the ignition switch is not synced to the key cylinder properly, or there is a wiring harness fault.

If you would like to have this resolved, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to pinpoint the cause of the no crank and follow through with repairs.