Q: Electronic throttle control not working

The throttle stopped working while I was driving. The pedal became useless. If I tried to brake the car would try to die out. It continued running slowly picking up speed. Yesterday when I started my car everything was working fine again

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. This sensor is usually located on the butterfly spindle or shaft so that it can directly monitor the position of the throttle. It relays the position of the throttle plate in relation to your foot’s position on the gas pedal to the engine control unit (ECU). The ECU then makes the determination to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, it can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal, as you have described. I would suggest having a professional technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, diagnose and replace the throttle position sensor for you.

3. Electronic throttle control not working