Q: How to replace ECM on a car with a P0604 code

I need a piece of advice related to the ECM replacement. The car is showing a P0604 code and I am wondering if I can get this replaced by myself. Would it be possible for me to change it and what tools do I need? Thanks.

A: P0604 is an internal memory error in the EC...

P0604 is an internal memory error in the ECM. It will need to be replaced. It may be possible to get a pre-programmed ECM for you to put in, but this would be a question to pose to your local Kia dealership. Otherwise, it is highly recommended that you enlist the assistance of a professional to replace the ECM since it is very important to have this component installed properly.