Q: My car will only turn on when my foot is on the gas but turns off when its not

My car will only turn on when my foot is on the gas but turns off when its not

Hey there. This could be from a couple of potential problems. Your car has what is called a throttle position sensor which monitors the position of your foot on the gas pedal and relays this to the computer which then tells the fuel injection system how much fuel to inject into the motor. When this is not working properly, this can cause intermittent running conditions including what you describe. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the hard start and follow through with the correct repairs.

• My car will only turn on when my foot is on the gas but turns off when its not