Q: Random revs while in P

asked by on March 03, 2017

While having the car on park it revs up to 2-3k randomly and it stays there. When I switch gesrs it cone down to the normal 1000 range. It dies it rabdomly even after the engine is warm

Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several reasons why the idle would be high when starting. You are also not the only one having issues like this. To being, research your VIN and find out if there are any TSB (technician service bulletins) out from the manufacture that pertain to your vehicle. These are manufacturing defects that they should be responsible for. If there are none, then you want to look at the air intake system and its sensors, the ECM, and the throttle controls (idle air control valve, throttle body, and throttle position sensor). Without more information, there is no real way of knowing what the issue is at this moment. Further testing must be done. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr