Q: Where are the airbags located?

Where are the airbags located?

A: The airbags play a crucial role in the safe...

The airbags play a crucial role in the safety of the occupants of the vehicle. They deploy in the case of a crash and are designed to catch the occupants on a pillow-like surface before they impact any hard surface inside of the vehicle. Here’s where the airbags are:

• For the driver, there is an airbag located inside of the steering wheel.

• Depending on the trim level, the vehicle may also be equipped with with side airbags, located inside of the seat and designed to deploy and keep the driver from impacting the door in a crash. These are the same on the driver and passenger side.

• Some trim levels come with curtain-style side airbags that deploy to cover the windows next to the driver and the rear passenger on the driver side. This protects the head, neck, and shoulders of the occupants on the driver side. These airbags are the same on the driver and passenger side as well.

• The passenger’s airbag is located inside of the dashboard. The dash will open up and the airbag will deploy in a crash.