Q: Check engine light on

2013 Chevrolet Silverado check engine light came on. Auto-scanner reading codes P0700 and U0100. Any idea on diagnosis? And solution? And if covered under warranty?

A: There is a technical service bulletin that ...

There is a technical service bulletin that pertains to these codes for you vehicle. The TSB is: 08-07-30-021H. The bulletin pertains to a wire harness problem throughout the vehicle. You may have chafed wires, pin corrosion in connections, or pins coming out of connections.

These are all covered in the TSB and should be covered under your basic warranty, otherwise you will need to have a mechanic follow the 20 page repair bulletin to find the problem.

If you want a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to the site of the vehicle and diagnose your Check Engine Light.