Q: My car hesitates at 1800-2200 rpm

Initially my engine light came on with a bad 02 sensor and it hesitates from 1800-2200 rpm only when the engine has been put to rest for a long while and the hesitation disappears after accelerating for some minutes. Lately i checked the engine code and it says faulty cam sensor bank 1 and the hesitation has gotten worse; present everytime i drive the car. I changed both cam sensors but still no improvement. N.b i never changed the 02 sensor. What could be wrong with the car? Could it be a bad timing chain? Do i need to change the 02 sensor??

Oxygen Sensor Replacement $108.80 - $869.59 Get a Quote

I would suggest replacing the oxygen sensor first. If you have a known problem with the vehicle, any diagnostics you would do would be tainted until the issue is fixed. Especially when the issue is with a component that has such a large impact on the engines’ performance. You must take into account the affect the oxygen sensor has on the overall performance of the engine. The modern fuel injection system uses the input from all of its sensors to determine how much fuel the engine gets, the timing of the ignition pulse, and many other parameters. So, if the computer that is in charge of making all of these determinations is getting a faulty signal from a known faulty component, it can have major implications on the way the engine runs. It is possible that there are other issues with your vehicle, but I would repair the known issue and see if that corrects the problem before chasing something else. If the situation is something you feel you could use a hand in identifying and/or repairing, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.