Q: My trucks temperature gauge went up and won't start now

I was in a drive through when I notice my temp rapidly rising so right before it reached 260 I drove a block from the drive through to a gas station to get water and when I lifted my hood and checked I didn't need water so I waited 20 minutes then went to start it and it would turn over but not start I had to add more oil to my truck at that time because it was very low. I'm sure you know you can smell and see gas being put into the carb on a normal start but I didn't see or smell gas when I was trying to find the problem I thought it was my fuel pump and I've check the fuses already and they work I also have a leak somewhere in my cooling system any kind of information will help

A: This truck has no carburetor. If there is a...

This truck has no carburetor. If there is a problem with spark, sometimes you will be able to smell fuel from the exhaust while the engine is turning over and failing to start. If so, there is some fuel making it to the engine but the fuel pressure must be checked to make sure enough fuel is making it to the engine. A clogged filter or failed fuel pump may be the problem there. When the truck is cold again, the radiator cap can be removed to see if it is full and if not them you must have a coolant leak that caused the overheating. If the radiator is full, a failed thermostat or water pump may have been the problem. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and asses the damage to offer a more personal diagnosis.