Q: Dodge Durango sometimes won't start

I've had this car for a year and a half. Last year the computar module that regulates the voltage that my alternator gives out stopped working so the dealer replaced it, I had to replace the battery and alternator also. Flash forward 1 year later my Durango now sometimes doesn't want to start. The first problem occurred when I tried to start it and there was no crank at all, my radio worked and all my lights would come on all I heard was once single click, but it didn't happen all the time. There would be times where I could go weeks without it happing. Now it has a new problem on top of not starting. I drove it to the store and when I went to get back into my Durango I turned it the key and it wouldn't start no crank at all but as I was turning the key the dash board lights were flashing and the radio was also, I finally got it to turn over after about 20 seconds of it trying to turn over. What could be going on? I've taken it to 4 different mechanics 2 of them being dodge dealerships

The starter may have a "dead spot". When you crank the vehicle, power is sent to the starter solenoid. The solenoid extends the starter drive gear to make contact with the flywheel to crank the engine. Once the engine is started and you release the ignition from the start position, the starter drive retracts to it’s resting position after briefly continuing to spin. If the electrical windings inside the starter have one spot that is particularly worn - that dead spot - and the starter drive stops with that dead spot being in line with the solenoid to get power for the next start up, the starter may not get enough power because of that dead spot and not crank, or struggle to crank. Next time it happens, try this: Locate the starter. See if it’s visible under the hood or easily seen under the vehicle. You’ll need a friend and a small hammer. While one of you is holding the ignition in the Start position, have the other lightly tap the starter with the hammer. That, along with the power being applied may move the internal windings enough for it to start. If it does start, then the starter should be replaced.It can be very random. My first vehicle did this same thing and it happened once or twice a month.

3. Dodge Durango sometimes won't start