Q: Check Engine and VSC warning lights

The Check Engine and VSC warning lights are on. I feel a vibration and loss of power when I go on a slope.

Hello. This comes up quite often on this vehicle. It is caused by a bad rotational rate sensor. This sensor is used for the VSC and other systems to determine how the vehicle is swaying from side to side or how hard you are braking or accelerating. I typically scan the system for codes first to check its operation, but most of the time this sensor is bad. If you need to have the vehicle diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to determine what is causing your vehicle’s loss of power.

3. Check Engine and VSC warning lights