Q: 2013 nissan altima blowing hot air

asked by on June 07, 2017

my car was hit from the front got front end replaced expect for condensor and raditor it didnt leak any fluid. but now air is not working. when i turn ac on fan start smoking and stop i changed the fans then changed a coolant line on the condenser it was smashed from the accident. i vaucumed the system of all air and freon. i recharged the system and both gages were reading the same pressure ones i charged the system. compressor kick on but it think it shut it self off because pressure start to climb on the low side if i keep on to long then it shorts the fan out. what do you think it is.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a bad AC condenser that may have been damaged in the accident. The A/C uses a compressor to turn a refrigerant gas, usually Freon, into a liquid concentrating its heat. In this state, it passes through conductive pipes in a condenser to dissipate the accumulated heat. As the liquid leaves the condenser and returns to its natural gaseous state it becomes very cold. The A/C system pumps this cooled refrigerant through a series of very thin tubes while blowing warm air over them to cool it before it enters the cabin of the vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.