Q: What does the Electric Power Steering indicator light mean if it comes on in the dash?

What does the Electric Power Steering indicator light mean if it comes on in the dash?

A: Instead of using a traditional hydraulic po...

Instead of using a traditional hydraulic power steering system, your vehicle is equipped with electric power steering(EPS). In this system, the EPS control module receives input from the steering angle sensor. It then uses this information to control the steering gear motor to provide power assist.

Under normal operating conditions, the EPS light comes on when the ignition switch is turn on, then goes off when the engine is started. If the EPS light remains on when the engine is running, there is a problem with the EPS system. The first step in pinpointing the problem is to retrieve the diagnostic trouble codes stored in the module. From there, a technician will be able to diagnose your Check Engine Light and make any repairs that are necessary.