I changed my battery in our 2008 Ford Edge. Car wouldn’t ...

I changed my battery in our 2008 Ford Edge. Car wouldn’t start. So I put old battery back. Still won’t start. Now check [engine](/topics-engine-ford/) light is on, battery light is on and oil light is on. And car doesn’t make soun...

I changed my battery in our 2008 Ford Edge. Car wouldn’t start. So I put old battery back. Still won’t start. Now check [engine](/topics-engine-ford/) light is on, battery light is on and oil light is on. And car doesn’t make sound when I turn my key Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? Light stays on Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far? I was just changing batteries and yes I was doing it on my own Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? No that’s it jus would like to know why it’s not starting now when it did before I changed batteries

Automotive Expert
Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Okay thank you
Automotive Expert
Thank you for your reply and that information as this does help me better understand the situation. I’m sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know this can be frustrating. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. I’ll be right back! A live optional phone call will be automatically offered by JustAnswer, you can accept or if you decide to decline we can continue with text until you feel the live call would be better suited to you. I will try to help you on this here The security system triggered on from the old weak battery , try reseting it using the new battery ,if all was working prior that should work with the new battery and secuity system sees 12 volts Master Reset 1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative . 2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules ) 3- Wait 30 min 4- Close all doors and trunk 5- Reconnect Battery Positive First 6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock 7- Enter vehicle and Start it . **Please Let Me Know** **Thank You** **Chad Farhat** **ASE Certified Technician**

Okay I’ll try that
Automotive Expert
ok let me know

Still not working
Automotive Expert
ok thank you for info how did this start ,battery died and all was working prior ? [mileage](/topics-mileage-ford/) on vehicle ? Was there any issue in installing new battery ,cables touching & spark or no ? are the power locks still working using key fob ? do you have 1 or 2 key fob ? do you have voltmeter and test light ? you need to start checking fuses ?

Car was running fine jus old battery wanted to change for a new one.(###) ###-####on odometer. Fob opens doors. Cables were in different spots for new battery but was able to put them on. And security light is blinking
Automotive Expert
We have secuirty switches on every door ,hood ,trunk, security module receiver , igntion switch sensor ect ,any of these if failed will trigger the system the most common is battery dying or driver door lock stop working or a hood switch stuck open or key not being recognized ,the correct way to troubleshoot this is hook up a ford dealer or equivelant scanner and retireve fault codes from security module and based on these codes we can pull up a pin point troubleshoot and be accurate and what to repair or replace it can not be like the local parts store code reader that will not see the security module to read it you can check all fuses ,under hood fuse box and inside cabin in case one blew hooking up the battery try opening & closing all the doors and hood ,trunk few times in case switch is stuck and redo reset test ,other than that ,it will need a dealer scan arround $100 to hook up scanner and go from there

Well that’s sucks. Great part is it started snowing.. lol. Thanks for your help
Automotive Expert
I m so sorry , you are welcome Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue (You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again) or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician