Q: My car shakes and sometimes turns off.

What could be wrong with my car, whenever i go to far places and come back my car begins to shake like if it wants to turn off...sometimes it does turn off; i took it to my local mechanic and he told me he didnt know what was wrong with my car, he thought it was my transmission fluid because he told me my gears are slow to change which i did notice...but he checked it and said it was clean and full. His only advice to me was to keep driving my car until it gives out...please i need help...im having a baby soon and this car needs to be fixed before that. Can you help?

The mechanic that looked at the vehicle is partly correct in that the repairs cannot be known until the problem can be verified and diagnosed. If the problem cannot be verified then you will have a hard time getting a correct diagnosis. My recommendation is to have a mechanic do an extensive drive of the vehicle to see if the problem can be verified for you.

3. My car shakes and sometimes turns off.