2002 OLDSMOBILE ALERO 3.4L V6 READING CODE P0300 v6-3.4l ...

Q: 2002 OLDSMOBILE ALERO 3.4L V6 READING CODE P0300

asked by on September 06, 2017

HOW MANY IGNITION COILS DO MY CAR HAVE

Your vehicle has three ignition coils. Diagnostic Trouble Code P0300 relates to random cylinder misfiring (not good for the catalytic converter, by the way) which has many, many potential causes but the first thing you should consider is when were your spark plugs replaced? If, by chance, your spark plugs are original, you should replace those first and see if the code goes away. To get an issue like this resolved, including an inspection of the spark plugs, you can request a check engine light diagnostic. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic would come right to your location and pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is confirmed, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.