Q: My 96 Cadillac Seville is running for about 30 mins and then my oil pressure lights comes on and says "stop engine". I've checked the oil and it's ok.

I drive my car for about 30 mins and the low oil pressure light comes on and the car starts making a chatting noise when accelerating the stop engine lights up what is causing this problem I check the oil level and it's OK kinda puzzled.

From what you’ve described, the problem sounds like you are loosing oil pressure to the engine and the light and noise are indicating that there is a problem. The fact that you are full of oil tells me that the oil pump pickup tube is clogged or the oil pump is bad causing the pressure to drop after the oil get s warmed up and thins out. Have the oil pressure checked to see if you need to have the oil pump and pickup tube replaced. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose your oil pressure light firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. My 96 Cadillac Seville is running for about 30 mins and then my oil pressure lights comes on and says "stop engine". I've checked the oil and it's ok.