Q: Car is throwing trouble code P0746 and it is a solenoid valve problem.

When I try to accelerate, normally uphill, it skips some gears and RPM's get up high but the vehicle doesn't speed up

This code relates to the pressure control solenoid that regulates the pressure of the transmission fluid flowing in and out of the valve body inside the transmission. Generally, this is usually related to some kind of foreign material that gets stuck and inhibits the mechanical function of the solenoid.

This can also happen when the transmission fluid is excessively dirty, when fluid is low, or when there is a poor electrical connection to the solenoid. I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what is wrong with your transmission or its fluid and replace the transmission oil pressure switch if needed.

3. Car is throwing trouble code P0746 and it is a solenoid valve problem.