Q: There is an awful clunking rattling noise when the engine is running.

The sound is like metal clunking for no reason after I restated my car to go back out

Hi there. There could be either the engine is having a bearing slap on the rod bearings with too much wear causing the noise or an accessory on the engine is locking up making the belt tensioner pop back and forth. I recommend removing the serpentine or drive belt(s) to the engine and start the engine back up. If the noise is still there, then it may be a bearing issue inside the engine. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose the sound you are hearing.

3. There is an awful clunking rattling noise when the engine is running.