Q: Service Engine soon light began flashing on and off on 2010 Nissan Sentra... Car started sputtering, ... now all dash lights are o

Service Engine soon light began flashing on and off and car started sputtering ... When trying to restart , key wouldn't turn the ignition but will unlock the door. Steering wheel turns freely and dash lights are all out... only security light flashes on and off every 3 seconds. ????

Hi there - the security system is now active, but this sounds more like the car battery has died (sputtering, then dead engine). Have the car battery checked, possible something electrical left on overnight, or battery is just old? Try a second (known working) key fob as well. Key fobs have batteries which fail over time as well, but unlikely they both fail at once. I would recommend having an Electric Problems Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Service Engine soon light began flashing on and off on 2010 Nissan Sentra... Car started sputtering, ... now all dash lights are o