Q: Check Engine light on; transmission leak

After replacing my thermostat and coolant temperature sensor, my Check Engine light came on. I was told parts needed to be KIA OEM. I also have a transmission leak, and the vehicle is vibrating at higher rate of speed.

The coolant temperature sensor is likely what caused your Check Engine light. Sometimes aftermarket manufacturers produce parts of a lesser quality than the OEM. However, this does not mean that all aftermarket manufacturers produce faulty parts. It is harder to go wrong with buying a KIA OEM part than an aftermarket due to the better warranty. I would recommend having the sensor replaced again with a higher quality part and see if the engine light goes away. As for the vibration at higher speeds, the transmission leak could be a contributing factor. Transmissions have even less tolerance for low fluid than an engine. If the transmission fluid is low its operation won’t be as good. I would recommend having your transmission fluid level checked and if it is low add some. If the vibration does not go away, internal transmission damage may have occurred.

3. Check Engine light on; transmission leak