Q: I bought a Mini Cooper and driving it today the service engine soon light came on, overdue oil change, can that make light go on

asked by on July 26, 2017

I just got a mini, driving it today I noticed the service engine light came on. I then noticed its overdue for oil change. Checked the oil and it's almost empty. Will that make the light go on? And how do I turn it off

The check engine light will not be on from not changing oil in time. You will have to have the computer scanned to retrieve stored codes so you can find out the cause. The oil and filter should be changed after finding out why the check engine light is on.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr