My Honda Civic 2007 is overheating but temperature gauge ...

Q: My Honda Civic 2007 is overheating but temperature gauge doesn't mark is high

asked by on December 22, 2017

Driving my car when I was about to get to my destination I realized my car was over heating but the temperature gauge never show high temperature or something like that. When ti the mechanic and change the radiator After got change temperature starts to climb, I went to the mechanic and change the thermostat. A keep doing the same thing they said fan may not work. I change the fan and apparently was doing good, u start driving to work and start realize that when I was about to get to the destination my car start to smoke but Again temperature gauge didn't show that a wa getting hot, speedydometer works great gasoline shows when is fuel /low And temperature appears like normal. No more then half. When to the mechanic and due fuel diagnostic and nothing shows.

Overheating can be caused by a number of things such as low coolant levels, a faulty thermostat, a clogged radiator or a failing coolant fan switch. As you may know the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds. When this switch is not working properly, this can cause the fans to come on intermittently, all the time or sometimes not at all. When this happens you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off. When your thermostat is not working properly or is stuck closed, this will not allow the coolant to properly circulate through the engine, which may cause the engine temperature to fluctuate erratically or in some cases just remain hot. You may also have a water pump that is beginning to fail. Water pumps often times will begin to produce a bit of a whining sound when they are starting to fail. A common problem also associated with this is the water pump may begin to leak around the water pump shaft due to the seal being damaged. In addition to leaking around the pump, you may have a leak elsewhere in the cooling system coming from one of the hoses going to or from the radiator. Lastly, you may have a failing cylinder head gasket allowing coolant to leak from the water passages into the cylinders resulting in the coolant being burnt in the combustion chamber with the fuel. If this is the case, you may also notice a bit of white smoke coming from your exhaust which is a product of the coolant being turned into a steam like vapor. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your cooling system as there are a variety of tests to perform to arrive at the correct diagnosis.