Q: I found a small puddle of coolant underneath my car. Today I opened the hood, and I see a puddle of coolant.

I opened the hood and found a puddle of coolant sitting on something that sits underneath the engine. I suspect it's a leak from somewhere near the engine. The coolant doesn't leak from the reservoir tank, but near the engine. My reservoir tank constantly gets Low on fluid. When I turn the AC on my engine or plastic cover over the engine trembles and vibrates horribly. What's going on?

Hello, thanks for writing in. If you are finding puddles of coolant underneath your vehicle then there is likely a coolant leak somewhere on the engine. A few places that leaks can occur at are at the hoses, the water outlets, the water pump, and at the intake manifold. The most common, and usually simplest to service being the water outlets. I would carefully inspect the engine to see if you can determine where the leak may be coming form and go from there. In regards to your engine cover vibrating, it may be possible that the cover is loose and needs to be torqued down. If it does not use hardware to mount, then it may be possible that the mounting cushions are worn. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. I found a small puddle of coolant underneath my car. Today I opened the hood, and I see a puddle of coolant.