Q: Q: Car idles high

My car is running rough. It idles very high when starting it or the engine is cold.

The main cause of this model car running rough is the ignition coil. Normally, a misfire code will be generated and can be found by connecting a scanner tool to the cars OBD2 port and performing a scan. I would recommend having a tune-up performed on the car and replace the spark plugs and wires by a technician from YourMechanic. They are recommended to be replaced every 30,000 miles. A technician can also scan the computer codes to determine where the problem is coming from.

3. Q: Car idles high