Q: Car idles high

My car is running rough. It idles very high when starting it or the engine is cold.

A: The main cause of this model car running ro...

The main cause of this model car running rough is the ignition coil. Normally, a misfire code will be generated and can be found by connecting a scanner tool to the cars OBD2 port and performing a scan. I would recommend having a tune-up performed on the car and replace the spark plugs and wires by a technician from YourMechanic. They are recommended to be replaced every 30,000 miles. A technician can also scan the computer codes to determine where the problem is coming from.