Q: There is a misfire on cylinder 2. I changed the cylinder and spark plug but am still having the misfire.

Car starts fine but when idling or pushing the gas it is a little jerry. Check engine light blinks, had it tested at auto zone. It was a Misfire on cylinder 2. I changed the cylinder and spark plugs but didn't fix it. Did another scan at auto zone and it still says Misfire on cylinder 2.

Hello. If you switched the spark plugs relating to two different cylinders and the same cylinder exhibited the same signs, then the issue is related to the other components on that cylinder. The test you performed was a great one. If you believe that the misfire is spark related, look to the ignition cable for that cylinder.

The cable may be fouled or damaged causing the plug to produce a weak spark. If the ignition system is not to blame, then the issue may be fuel related. If it is only causing the issue at one cylinder, you may be looking at a bad fuel injector. These can usually be cleaned or replaced. If replacing one, you should do all of them. This keeps the engine wear even.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is misfiring and suggest the necessary repairs.

• There is a misfire on cylinder 2. I changed the cylinder and spark plug but am still having the misfire.