Q: I have a good battery but my fuel pump is bad. if I get a boost off will the car crank?

asked by on June 02, 2017

my dashboard lights come on but when you turn the key on over it doesn't crank.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. You could try to jump start your car, but if the fuel pump is broken, the added electricity will not help. A car will not start for multiple reasons, ranging from a damaged fuel pump, bad battery or battery cables, faulty ignition system component or a bad starter. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection first, to determine what is causing this issue, so the right repairs can be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr