Q: Heater not working 2005 Acura TL

Heat only gets hot when car is moving at road speeds. Interior blower fan control works properly. At slower speeds and at idle, there is no heat and the engine temp gauge moves up to hot.

Hello - you may have a bad water pump and clogged radiator. When engine overheating occurs at low engine speeds, it indicates the engine is unable to transfer heat to the radiator and cool the engine. It would also result in little or no heat via the heater because of the poor coolant flow. I would recommend a cooling system inspection to investigate both cooling and heater issues by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.