Q: Abs light, emergency brake light, steering wheel assist light, engine light, EPC light, traction control light

I would like to know what I can do to shut off all these lights. I've taken it to AutoZone and Oreily's and they're diagnostics say the same error code "LOST COMMUNTICATION WITH ABS CONTROL MODULE." I wanted to know if I should clean or replace the ABS sensors first to see if that gets rid of the ABS light? If that doesn't work, would I just have to replace the module or the whole assembly minus the bracket it sits on? If I replace that, would all the lights go away? Does the ABS even connect to all those other lights that are on?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle does utilize a lot of the same sensors for these systems. Are there any other codes that are coming up when this code appears? If so you will want to take these into consideration when processing the repair and making a diagnosis. The module may be bad, and replacing it should fix the problem. The lights should turn off once the main computer recognizes the new module and the sensors sync up. If you believe the sensors need to be cleaned you may do so. Do as minimal as possible to make sure you are not damaging the sensor or disrupting the wiring inside. A bad connection would make the lights stay on. With so many lights that are effected by the module being illuminated, the module is likely bad or does not have a connection. Check the connection first and then resort to replacing the unit. For more help with these electrical tests, contact our service department.

3. Abs light, emergency brake light, steering wheel assist light, engine light, EPC light, traction control light