when i put my car in drive and start it , it will start b...

Q: when i put my car in drive and start it , it will start but when its in park and i start it doesn't start why

asked by on July 21, 2017

i had a new engine installed but when my car is in park it wont start but when i switch it to drive it starts why

Hi there. This is typically an indicator of a damaged safety switch underneath the shifter. However, it could also be caused by a wiring or electrical glitch in the ignition system or transmission shift solenoid. It would be best to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection at your location to correctly diagnose this problem and recommend the right repairs.