Q: It seems like my battery won't charge but got it checked the other day and they said the alternator and battery was good

We just replaced the starter but the battery never seems charged it just clicks when I turn it on

If a mechanic has already confirmed that the alternator is functioning and the battery is "good", there are a couple possibilities to look into. First, if there is current leakage (that is, parasitic power draw or a phantom electrical load) when the vehicle is off, that could be slowing draining your battery, thence making it difficult to start the car. YourMechanic can test your electrical system for such phantom loads. In a second scenario, if there is no current leakage, and your battery is indeed charged and you have a new starter, too, that would suggest that something in wrong with the starting circuit. That circuit begins at the battery and includes grounds, wiring (some of which is very heavy cabling), fuses, relays, the ignition switch and terminations. Basically, with the key held in the "start" position, the starter is either getting power or it isn’t. With the key in the "start" position, if the starter motor is getting power but it doesn’t work, the starter is condemned and replaced. On the other hand, with the key in the "start" position, if there is NO power to the starter, then the starter circuit has to be traced until the fault in the circuit is found. In addition to a faulty ignition switch, faults can include high resistances, due to corrosion, wire strand breaks, or loose terminals, which can only be diagnosed using a voltage drop test. If you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this, please simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get the problem diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.