Q: I just replaced my crank and cam sensor and car still dont start

I have had an issue getting my car to start i have checked fuel pressure and codes i got a code for crank sensor. I replaced both the cam and crank sensor and car still will not start but if I unplug the crank sensor it starts up and runs like crap. I can not figure out what to do next.

A: You should check to see if your vehicle has...

You should check to see if your vehicle has jumped timing. Have a mechanic verify that the camshaft timing did not jump after scanning and looking at the crankshaft sensor data to verify it is giving a signal. If it is giving a signal, then the cam and crank signals are way off and causing the wrong ignition timing. If you need to have a local expert come check this problem for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the hard starting issue and pinpoint the correct fix.