Q: Shaking when braking and clanking/banging noise coming from what seems to be the exhaust.

Whenever I am going to put the truck in the garage and I press on the brakes slighty I can feel the car shake a bit I can only feel this when going slowly and braking not when going at driving speed what could be the cause of this?

When I leave the truck idling I can hear a clanking sorta of noise coming from what seems to be the exhaust?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely facing two different issues. While it is possible you are feeling a rough idle in the steering wheel, you may be facing a worn or dirty brake. The extra strain on the engine causing it to run rough may be caused by a malfunction in your exhaust system. Typically a banging or clanking is do to a bad catalytic converter. The catalyst inside of the system can become brittle and break off. It will rattle around, and the damages can cause the engine to be restricted. Again, the shaking you feel may be related to this restriction and engine trouble, or you may be facing two separate issues. With that being said, you will want to do some further testing and take corrective action from there. For more diagnostic help contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Shaking when braking and clanking/banging noise coming from what seems to be the exhaust.