Q: Truck starts and runs rough for about 30 seconds, then dies like it is out of fuel. It won'the restart for 15 minuets

Truck restarts after 15 minutes, then dies in the same fashion. I have cleaned the EGR, and changed the element in the FPR (no blue spring mod) as well as the other fuel filters. I am thinking it's the icp sensor. But I need to pinpoint it better before I take that leap.

Hey there:

If the injector control pressure sensor is faulty, you should have received an error code or check engine light warning code that triggered that light on the dashboard. Try downloading all error codes first as it could be multiple faults that are causing a fuel restriction issue; as that’s what is most likely causing this problem to occur. If you don’t have a professional digital scanner, contact one of our mobile mechanics to complete a check engine light inspection; so they can help you pinpoint the source of your starting issues.

3. Truck starts and runs rough for about 30 seconds, then dies like it is out of fuel. It won'the restart for 15 minuets