Q: When ever I give my car a little gas I hear the fan get louder

asked by on October 09, 2016

Whenever i give it gas the fan spins really loud and fast even if i jist cranked it up

If the noise is loud and constant then the cooling fan clutch is stuck in the applied position, causing the fan to be locked to the water pump shaft. The fan clutch is suppose to change as the temperature changes to allow more or less air to flow with fan speed. You may have a defective fan clutch and should check the clutch operation. If the fan clutch is locked, it will make excessive noise and will increase fuel usage. If you’d like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to inspect this vehicle noise to confirm the cause, or perform a fan clutch replacement on the vehicle.