Q: Can the electric power steering pump on a 2005 Mini Cooper affect loss in power, radio, odometer, and other electric problems?

asked by on July 17, 2017

The steering wheel is stiff and there is loss in power. The alternator is new also the battery is new and the starter. Engine is in great shape but is it possible that the electric power steering pump is the cause? Mini Cooper s 2005. no option for s trim only turbo

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You may potentially have an electrical short or voltage problem that may be affecting all of these components. As you know, the power steering is electric in your vehicle, so if there is a voltage problem, this may impact the functionality of the power steering system as well as the other components. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.