Q: Why does my steering wheel vibrate when I'm driving. Please help, me I'm very concerned and worried.

asked by on November 12, 2016

My car steering wheel vibrates when i drive. what does that mean?

Hi there. There are typically two items that cause the front end or steering wheel to vibrate while you’re driving. If the vibration occurs below 40 MPH, it’s usually an indication that a front end suspension component, such as CV joint, tie rod, or wheel bearings are damaged and need to be replaced. If the vibration is occurring over 40 MPH, it’s typically due to bad tire wheel balance or may be caused by a bent wheel. The best way to determine what’s causing this vibration is to have a professional mechanic complete a vehicle is vibrating inspection. This will allow the mechanic to test drive an examine your Kia Rio for any signs of damage and recommend the right repairs.