Q: How do you turn the Park Aid system on or off?

How do you turn the Park Aid system on or off?

A: While not all Fusions are equipped with the...

While not all Fusions are equipped with the Park Aid system, if your car is, then you have an important tool for enhancing your safety. Simply put, the system is designed to give you an audible warning if it detects an object behind the car. In order for the system to work, you have to have the transmission in reverse. It will only warn you about objects that are close to the back bumper – the Cross Traffic Alert system is used for objects farther away. Here’s how to turn the Park Aid system on or off:

1. Press the Info button until you see “Park Aid.”

2. Press the Reset button to turn it off.

3. Press the Reset button again to turn the system back on.

Tips

• While you can disable the Park Aid system anytime you want, it’s recommended that you leave it on unless there’s a compelling reason to turn it off.

• The Park Aid system only works when you have the car in Reverse. It will not sound an alarm for an object near the back bumper at any other time.