Q: Car stuck in park.

My Transmission Shift Lock Control Solenoid Connector and wiring came loose and is broken. The dash and interior lights work, but the gauges move erratically, and now the car will not start. After purchasing the replacement part and connecting the harness I tried to restart the vehicle, which I did. Unfortunately, it is still stuck in park. I have no idea where to go from here.

Hi, Since you have already been working on the problem you would have to have a certified technician come and diagnose the problem you are having. The gauges jumping around either is a low battery or you have a wiring issue. The brake lights control the park release solenoid and would need to be checked. Talk to a technician and they may help you get going.

3. Car stuck in park.